Welcome to the first-ever Pukah Works Newsletter. Since I have enough stuff coming into my email inbox, I'm guessing you do too. As such, if you've subscribed to the blog, you'll get notices when I post anything - including this wonderful weekly summary.
The intent is not to repeat everything you've seen throughout the week, rather it is to collect the posts from all the segments that make up Pukah Works into a one-stop visit, rather than encourage everyone to follow me everywhere. I also wanted to let you stay up-to-date with what I'm up to. So, how 'bout we hop to it?
- Starting to hammer out a schedule I can live with that lets me string words together in a coherent style to make a new book, and I've got stories arguing over who's going to be heard NOW, let me tell you. I've been teasing my current novella out of the noise - not always the easiest thing to do. However, I'm up to chapter 17 out of a planned 20, so things are going well there. Had to take a bit of a break while I scrambled to replace the site after the melt down.
- Coming up, I've got the last Followers of Torments novella to finish writing. I'm hoping it goes much smoother than the one I'm working on now. I'll also be working on the next main series novel, but am not expecting that to release until the end of the year. There's too much that still needs to be written.
- I'm also entering the final editing stages for a little surprise that I've been promising for much too long. This is a thank you for following me here at Pukah Works. I've mentioned it over in The Home Office, but in order to receive the gift, you will have to subscribe and/or follow me here.
Upcoming Blogging Projects
- As if I'm not busy enough writing, I'm not off the hook blogging either. I'll be wrapping up the "Behind the Scenes" series for Out of the Darkness over on the Followers of Torments segment of the site. There's another seven, or so, chapters to wrap up for that. Then, I'll need to get the other main series books' "Behind the Scenes" posts written - something like 40 chapters. (Going to have to double up to get those posted in a reasonable amount of time.)
- For The Home Office, I've got a list a mile long of author and character interviews I've promised to host - so I'll be working on catching up with those authors so I can share some wonderful people with you. I also have a couple of interviews others are hosting for me that I'll be turning in, so you'll get a chance to get to know me a bit better as well.
- I've also got a list a mile long for books I need (and want) to read for review. If all goes well, I'm hoping to be back on a book-a-week review schedule. For now, I'm not listing which ones I'm going to be reading next, because I have so many to pick from.
- This one is a bit in the future, but I want to bring it up now, anyway. I will be participating in the 3rd annual Virtual Fantasy Con. Right now, you can join some of the pre-event fun on Facebook, in the Reader's Corner.
The last piece of news is something I had to think long and hard about. Due to how Pukah Works is now laid out, if you follow me on Facebook, or Tumblr you will no longer be receiving regular updates from any of the site's segments. I'm choosing to do this because the inbound feeds have become echo chambers for the outbound posts. With this change, the unique content from these sites will no longer be swamped by the updates coming out of the site. This change will take effect July 15th or 16th after this newsletter goes out. If you are relying on those updates to stay current with what I'm doing, please make sure to subscribe to the RSS feed, or follow Pukah Works by email. (Besides, if you do this, then you'll be one of the first to receive notice when the gift is ready for you to download.)
To close out, I'm going to turn the tables over to you: For an upcoming project after The Followers of Torments I've got a series titled White Weather Twins. It's about a set of horse-shift pukah twins. There's going to be at least 8, possibly 10 books in that series. I'm going to let you suggest a title - if I choose it, then you will receive mention in the book - on the acknowledgement page, and possibly as a character somewhere within the tale. So, what's your suggestion for a title?
- Book Review: Cool Kids Wear Glasses September 5, 2017Mandy Harper, one of the meanest girls ever, viciously ruled the school. She decided who was in and who was out. At least until Kayla Littlebe started standing up to her. But one day Mandy found out she might need glasses. Would she still be able to rule the school or would her new glasses […]K. Caffee
- Book Review: The Lost Mage September 5, 2017The Dark sorcerer, Rak`koth, invades Balleterria, bringing death and destruction to the land as he unleashes his vast Imperial armies of ruthless killers and vicious war beasts upon the brave but greatly outnumbered Alliance of human and Elfin defenders. Only they stand between him and certain doom for their peoples as he pursues his […]K. Caffee
- —– Justine Alley Dowsett’s Kadrean Authier Stops By To Visit With The Pukah September 10, 2017Everything happens for a reason… Four people. Four very different lives. Four tales interwoven. Meet Kenzie en Shareed, the High Clan Chief’s daughter who is sent south to fulfill a treaty by marriage only to marry the wrong man; Kadrean Authier, the Crown Prince who must come to terms with his new bride, even […]K. Caffee
- Justine Alley Dowsett Stops By To Visit With The Pukah September 8, 2017Welcome, welcome. Come on in, and find a comfortable seat. Today, we’ve Justine Alley Dowsett from Windsor, Ontario Canada down to visit with us. Justine, do you mind starting us off with a little bit about yourself and where you are from? I’m an author and publisher and one of the owners of Mirror World […]K. Caffee
- Blogs, Author Platforms, and Connecting (pt 7) September 21, 2017Last week I wound up wandering off into Twitter scheduling. This week, I’ll probably wind up wandering a little, but I plan on trying to cover Facebook. I’m having to make a nod to Tumblr because it is somewhere in between Facebook and Twitter for activity, I just haven’t had a chance to figure out […]K. Caffee
- Blogs, Author Platforms, and Connecting (pt 6) September 14, 2017And, we’re back once again to discuss platforming. So far, it’s mostly been about working on the “backside” of your platform. Today, we’ve finally built up your original foundation that you are ready to branch out and expand on what you’ve done so far. There are three key ideas to make this happen. I’ll try […]K. Caffee
- Elithius: The Red Captain (Book 1) Special Promotion July 31, 2017His parents abandon him when he’s thirteen. He’s left to care for his little brother and sister. Life is tough. Things can’t seem to get any worse. But then Evil Itself breaks down the door. It kidnaps his siblings. And It leaves him bleeding out on the floor of his own home. The Golden Lands, […]K. Caffee
- Jena Baxter Books Blog Hop Featuring Reviewer Brandy Mulder September 2, 2017Authors Prizes Books Games Grand prizes are US only Welcome to the grand opening of the new JB Bookworms Blog. Haven’t seen it yet? Check it out here. It’s a little late, but Brandy acquired lots of swag for giveaways, and we decided this is the way we want to pass it out. […]K. Caffee
- Andy Peloquin’s Fantasy Fiends is Celebrating August 13, 2017We’ve reached 200 members in Andy Peloquin’s Fantasy Fiends. Join us as we celebrate this milestone with giveaways, prizes, games, competitions, and fun for all! For this special occasion, we’re running a Buy One, Get One offer: buy any one of my books, and get another (of your choice) free! (Email Andy the confirmation […]K. Caffee
- Andy Peloquin has a new book coming out: Thief of the Night Guild July 16, 2017To celebrate the release of book 2: Thief of the Night Guild Andy has discounted Book 1: Child of the Night Guild to $.99 (99p for the UK) Ruthless criminals are made, not born. Queen of Thieves—an insight into the transformation from innocent child to thief and killer willing to do anything to save the ones she loves. […]K. Caffee
- Promotion Opportunity July 4, 2017Now that things have started streamlining a bit, and I’m finally able to think about when posts are going out, I’d like to offer everyone an opportunity to get a little extra exposure. This goes for bloggers and authors alike. What I am offering is to host a guest post for you. These will be […]K. Caffee
- #YourNextFavoriteAuthor Spotlights: Lucinda Moebius July 14, 2017I am currently promoting a new release! My newest book is a non-fiction Self-Help book for authors. I created the book based on lessons I learned about creating an effective book marketing plan. Publish Promote Repeat: Preparing to Launch your Book Workbook Promotion is a process. There is no magic formula for selling books. […]K. Caffee
- #YourNextFavoriteAuthor 2016 Spotlights for July April 22, 201707/02 Sample Chapter for Rosalie Redd’s Unforgettable Lover 07/05 Bob Glynn To tell an epic story for all in simple and basic fashion that will never be forgotten—the story of mankind. 07/07 Dianne Gardner Fantasy, adventure, comedy. Wholesome stories for the whole family. 07/09 S.A. Hoag There’s never enough sci-fi, and that’s what I do! 07/14 Elizabeth Munro Unique SF/Fantasy. Villains, […]K. Caffee
- #YourNextFavoriteAuthor 2016 spotlights for June April 20, 201706/02 Seven Steps I write action packed, thrilling novels that the whole family can enjoy. 06/07 Assaph Mehr Favorably compared to Butcher, Gabaldon, and Abercombie – a rich and detailed Historical Fantasy! 06/09 David Finn My whole goal as a writer is to tell an action packed adventure story with plenty of great character moments […]K. Caffee
- #YourNextFavoriteAuthor interview with Eric Martell April 19, 2017From July 16, 2016 Name: Eric Martell usually writing as E. S. Martell Age: Old enough to know better – do I really have to answer this? Where are you from: Windermere, Florida A little about your self i.e. your education Family life etc.: Ph.D. In Psychology, black belt in Tae Kwon […]K. Caffee
- Out of the Darkness: Chapter 13 Discussion September 27, 2017Heading into this chapter, we’ve finally seen the MC get away from the daily threat to his life. Things should come easy to him, right? Well, they should. But, I’m not going to let them. He still has so much to learn about living, forget the little things – walking around without orders, talking to […]PukahWorks
- Out of the Darkness: Chapter 12 Discussion September 20, 2017In chapter 10, things are coming to a close in the Arenas. The chapter opens with Nameless’ acceptance for the Ascendance trials, which is the only way out of the fights for anyone who has been condemned to the Sands. I drew heavily on actual history when I decided to set this chapter up, trying […]PukahWorks
- Out of the Darkness: Chapter 11 Discussion September 13, 2017The finals. The ultimate time for any fighter that has survived the Arenas. In this chapter, we get to see why these matches are so important. Why the fighters are willing (most grudgingly, to be sure) to endure such a long, hard, wearing run of matches just to get there. It also brings the first […]PukahWorks